Some poems I wrote when I was 21..

My parents recently dropped off a couple of my old portfolios from my time at Brighton Uni... hidden in the pockets of one of these I found 2 poems I had forgotten I had written. Not sure if they constitute as "good content" or that I even remember being this person... but here they are for posterity:

Resolution


Concious of a failing love, I am on my own again.
Retrospective of the one above; to live I don't know how.

Forceful lies and weak excuses
help me avoid my deepest desires.
Seeing you; hearing you
reproduces the feelings I have tired to disacquire.

Covered by a layer of disillusion
I strain against the on-coming tide of depression.
Tones and pitch rein on the mind:
Dropping the mental barriers to see what is behind.

Unable to hold any longer, I weep myself to sleep.
Because today on my own
I can no longer cope
without hope of a lasting resolution.

The Sea


Sitting on the breakwater getting saturated with salt water.
I feel free
The horizon has no end but bends.
My resistance as I stand, is like one man against an army.
I must sit for fear of falling into the icy depths
It is cold and wet, but I can not feel it
The water itself is a blanket against such things
Aggressive waves rip-tide and drag floating debris to its cloudy deep:
The see has eternal tempo, unable to resist
No wave nor ripple from skipping stone will ever again be
This is the overwhelming power of the Luna sea.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

tootricky's blog 2010